Thursday 22 May 2014

A Beautician's Course Structure

I'm resting at this make-up session and I'm anticipating today's course to be fairly a bore. I'm hardly listening as the Lead Trainer goes through the three different sorts of foundation – powder, mineral, liquid, and cream – and I give out a huge yawn with the thought of taking a short power nap – ‘wake me up when there is something new to learn.’

What I gathered from my previous class at a beauty parlour was once you have your tools in place, you should learn to hold them the right way and use them efficiently. How and where you hold a brush will influence your control and thus the outcome. The closer your fingers are to the barrel, which is the section just below the head of the brush, and the more amount of pressure you apply will manoeuvre the outcome. As a whole, if you want to apply colour uniformly, hold the brush by its handle rather than the barrel section. One more thing to note is that you can conveniently turn a brush into a flat, angled brush by wrapping your fingers around the bristles and flattening them.


Back at the present session, it appears like the beauty and hair salon instructor read my thoughts. He instantly walked up to me stating that one could use a cream-based foundation for opaque, complete coverage, or one could simplify it by mixing the serum with some conductor. I always thought a primer is to be used before applying the foundation. But, the instructor shares this is as a proven method to keep the foundation's coverage intact without looking caked on. Plus, you reap the long-lasting property that a cream-based foundation has compared to powders, minerals and liquids. This additionally assists the make-up blend effortlessly with the initial layer of primer applied over your skin.

I raise my hand at this factor and ask if a cream foundation is viable for oily skin – I struggle with an oily t-zone and hence, the question seem selfish, but I had other supporters who looked keenly at the instructor for an answer. Everyone can make use of cream-based foundation, yet the way it needs to be applied on oily skin is different. One must make use of a wet sponge to apply it since such foundations have oils that are meant to offer complete coverage and induce blend-ability. The sponge works as a magnet for the pigment, and not the foundation oil and hence, you get coverage without the lustre.

No comments:

Post a Comment